Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's Like That Scene from "Alien"

I never remember that I should not buy a Carl's Jr. six dollar burger when I'm hungry. After scarfing down the 12oo calorie bitch I feel like I've got a xenomorph (aka Alien) about to punch through my abdomen. But, it's SO good. The guacamole bacon burger is freaking awesome. CJ's chocolate shake (or malt, I don't know the difference) is tasty as well. That meal is gonna have me dropping a fat fucking blog at work (nothing better than getting paid to take a shit).

Speaking of the word "blog", I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thinks that word "blog" is the worst invention of the decade. I read a *sigh* blog today that agreed with what I thought since I first found out the meaning of the word. It said the word "blog" doesn't really mean anything. When people say "blog" what they mean is "writing" and once the novelty of "blogging" wears off it will be incorporated into the wider realms of journalism and writing in general. Also, it really does sounds like an onomatopoiea (yeah I had to look up the spelling) for taking a dump.

Anyway, on to other things. Last night I attended my Illustration class for the first time. The teacher, Rob Clayton (who is semi-famous apparently), seemed pretty chill. Maybe he's a little too chill. I was expecting this class to be really structured, but he seems to be all about "expression" and "experimentation". That's fine if you know what the hell you're doing, but I just know i'm going to be totally lost. Still, I'm going to give it a chance. Our first project is for each of us to select three CD's: one we love, one we hate, and one we've never heard. Then, we listen to them and use them as inspiration. Sounds pretty fruity to me, but I'll see what I can do.

Tracey (who gradjeeated from Art Center) told me that the Claytons are really good instructors but are really into the experimental side of things. Her recommendation was to keep their class, but to ask a lot of question. So, I'm going to stick with it and just be a real pest to the teacher in hopes of learning something.

Yeah mothafuckas!


Today also happens to be comic book day. It was a good comic book week. Infinite Crisis #4 may have redeemed the series. Planetary 24 was good, mostly because it made me look forward to the next one. Also, things exploded. Runaways was ok. BKV is almost never bad, but i'm looking forward to the next arc and I hope it reveals more about the new Pride. Anyhow, I'm all dorked out. Besides, I'm trying to talk my way into someone's pants right now. (okay, type my way in... whatever).

No comments: